Date: 3/3/2017
    Reported By:Warloxx

Product:ACEmu

Version:Unsure

Is it reproducible:
    Yes

Description
    ===========

on a fully clean install of the emulator and database creation, when you create your first account and then login you get your 4 chat windows. When you log out and back in you no long can connect to the chat channels. This ONLY seems to happen with the very first created account and the very FIRST character. the rest seem ok.

Steps to Produce/Reproduce
    --------------------------
    Start a clean Install (FULL) Clean DB and fresh Emu run there server (no accounts at all) create your first account. Login with that account login and password. create your first character and go in game , set up the F11 settings you want (hit default if you like) and just wait afew seconds to make sure the character is in the DB, at this point you should have the 4 chat channels and General chat. Now log out and back in, this is were i find I have none of the 4 channels just the main chat. if I create a second character on this account that seems to work fine. even if I create a guest account that works ok, no matter what rights I give them (0-5). I am also seeing issues with the friends panel, the First account has chat issues on the first character but the second account has it on the second char and the third account has it on the second character, the friend issue seems to be in the same order...

1st account - 1st character - no chat channels and friends don't show in window, (can't re-enter them says they already exist)
    2nd account - 2nd character - no chat channels and friends don't show in window, (can't re-enter them says they already exist)
    3rd account - 2nd character - no chat channels and friends don't show in window, (can't re-enter them says they already exist)

Expected Results
    ----------------

Actual Results
    --------------

Workarounds
    -----------

Attachments
    -----------

Other Information
    -----------------

I have been at this for like 6 hours and have been getting the same results every time, Questions ask, I am a 3rd shifter and heading to bed for now, more later, sorry to be a pain. I beta tested the original AC before it went public in 1999. If i remember it started in 94 or 95 anyway, Keep up the great works guys.

UPDATE:

Well got some sleep (so did my computer) and started to work on it again, Still does the same thing but now in a different order. I'm going to go back and try the 2/28/2017 download I have (before the @spawntest update) and see what happens.

NEW UPDATE:

I think the trouble is in the 1st update done on 3/2/2017 were the CharacterOptions1 and 2 were added,
    Last edited by warloxx; 03-04-2017, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Ok I keep messing with this and found so far that if I name a character with any skill name in it I can't enter the chat channels. Like Warloxx (War), Lifesgiver (Life), Salvager (Salvaging) all these character names seem to prevent me from entering the chat channels. Any Clue?

Comment

Originally posted by warloxx View Post
        Ok I keep messing with this and found so far that if I name a character with any skill name in it I can't enter the chat channels. Like Warloxx (War), Lifesgiver (Life), Salvager (Salvaging) all these character names seem to prevent me from entering the chat channels. Any Clue?
        Thanks for the feedback. I'll let Mag-nus know about this thread since he worked on the chat system.
        RIP Asheron's Call | 11/2/99 - 1/31/17

Comment

Working...
        X