No announcement yet.

DarkerTide

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess for me the question would be in what context are you asking this question? If you are asking in the context of a server you plan on hosting and what settings should it use, then I think the suggestions provided already are a good start. If you are asking in the context of what the emulator itself should support, then ideally I would say it should ultimately support pretty much everything, and allow features to be enabled or disabled as desired by the server hoster.

Comment

Originally posted by dragonwolf View Post
      think the worst thing you could do is disable resists...
      The point is that the solution could be very extreme, but still require no changes to PvE. I don't personally think it's necessary, but it's a common enough complaint that it would probably continue until someone tries completely nerfing it.

grief templates were a staple in pvp in pre dm...
      Spamming drain health 1, harming people to death almost at the edge of the radar, and invincible robes were staples of PvP pre DM. "Golden age" recounts of DT tend to involve selective memory.

If you roll everything back to pre dmg (by altering items/portals/xp gains) there wont be a issue with people having 500 magicd and resisting every other war spell.
      Even if you meant pre ToD, I can say from experience that needing speced life magic on a melee just led me to switch to a Sho mage with speced magic d...and suddenly everyone was a Sho mage with speced magic d!

We can't put the toothpaste back in the tube on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by xanxin887 View Post
        So this is a bit early i know but how would you like your server when the time comes? you want no housing barrier? any other simple things like that, that would in your eyes make the server better.
        NO Hollow Weapons

Comment

Originally posted by A Shark on Whiskey View Post

The point is that the solution could be very extreme, but still require no changes to PvE. I don't personally think it's necessary, but it's a common enough complaint that it would probably continue until someone tries completely nerfing it.

Spamming drain health 1, harming people to death almost at the edge of the radar, and invincible robes were staples of PvP pre DM. "Golden age" recounts of DT tend to involve selective memory.

Even if you meant pre ToD, I can say from experience that needing speced life magic on a melee just led me to switch to a Sho mage with speced magic d...and suddenly everyone was a Sho mage with speced magic d!

We can't put the toothpaste back in the tube on that one.
          I completely understand your point of view regarding magicd during that era, but i had no problems on my life/magicd/ua character. I also had no problem on my creature/magicd/sword character. At that time, you had to basically choose between a pvp template, or a pve template. Yes there was a bit of a gap but i killed lvl 126 mages on my lvl 76 sword character with a hollow sword lol :O

Comment

• Focus Stone
            Focus Stone commented
            Editing a comment
            that 126 gimp hahaha.

nahh he was just dumb wearing the knorr helm which had crap base AL and was very weak to hollows. That was the beauty of early ac man :O

Comment

Originally posted by rooac View Post

NO Hollow Weapons
            I don't see anything wrong with hollow weaps. Get better armor? Use a shield?

Comment

Working...
            X