Sign in to follow this  
BrotherOfMayor

Creating First Character

So like a couple others I've seen, I like to wipe the slate clean and rebuild from the ground up each time I pull the latest and (hopefully) greatest.

I hadn't pulled and rebuilt since early September, and admittedly haven't looked at much if any of the code due to work and school (just returned for another degree)

Server is crashing on me creating a first character. Maybe this an issue others have and haven't noticed yet due to testing new features with already existing characters?
Here's the message(s) I get from the crash.

I did erase everything and pull the project fresh and rebuild the database a few times, no changes to my result.

2017-10-09 14:23:34,956 INFO : Starting ACEmulator...
2017-10-09 14:23:36,158 INFO : Successfully opened c:\ACE\client_cell_1.dat file, containing 797585 records
2017-10-09 14:23:36,214 INFO : Successfully opened c:\ACE\client_portal.dat file, containing 78961 records
2017-10-09 14:23:36,238 INFO : Binding ConnectionListener to 127.0.0.1:9000
2017-10-09 14:23:36,238 INFO : Binding ConnectionListener to 127.0.0.1:9001

ACEmulator command prompt ready.

Type "acecommands" for help.

ACE >> 2017-10-09 14:23:52,758 INFO : Creating new session for 127.0.0.1:52766 with id 0

Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at ACE.Database.CachingWorldDatabase.GetAceObjectByWeenie(UInt32 weenieClassId) in C:\Users\Brian\Documents\ACE\Source\ACE.Database\CachingWorldDatabase.cs:line 32
   at ACE.Network.Handlers.CharacterHandler.CharacterCreateEx(ClientMessage message, Session session, UInt32 id) in C:\Users\Brian\Documents\ACE\Source\ACE\Network\Handlers\CharacterHandler.cs:line 273
   at ACE.Network.Handlers.CharacterHandler.CharacterCreate(ClientMessage message, Session session) in C:\Users\Brian\Documents\ACE\Source\ACE\Network\Handlers\CharacterHandler.cs:line 136
   at ACE.Network.Managers.InboundMessageManager.HandleClientMessage(ClientMessage message, Session session) in C:\Users\Brian\Documents\ACE\Source\ACE\Network\Managers\InboundMessageManager.cs:line 96
   at ACE.Network.NetworkSession.HandleFragment(ClientMessage message) in C:\Users\Brian\Documents\ACE\Source\ACE\Network\NetworkSession.cs:line 347
   at ACE.Network.NetworkSession.ProcessFragment(ClientPacketFragment fragment) in C:\Users\Brian\Documents\ACE\Source\ACE\Network\NetworkSession.cs:line 331
   at ACE.Network.NetworkSession.HandlePacket(ClientPacket packet) in C:\Users\Brian\Documents\ACE\Source\ACE\Network\NetworkSession.cs:line 270
   at ACE.Network.NetworkSession.ProcessPacket(ClientPacket packet) in C:\Users\Brian\Documents\ACE\Source\ACE\Network\NetworkSession.cs:line 195
   at ACE.Network.Session.ProcessPacket(ClientPacket packet) in C:\Users\Brian\Documents\ACE\Source\ACE\Network\Session.cs:line 242
   at ACE.Managers.WorldManager.ProcessPacket(ClientPacket packet, IPEndPoint endPoint) in C:\Users\Brian\Documents\ACE\Source\ACE\Managers\WorldManager.cs:line 78
   at ACE.Network.ConnectionListener.OnDataReceieve(IAsyncResult result) in C:\Users\Brian\Documents\ACE\Source\ACE\Network\ConnectionListener.cs:line 91
   at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
   at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.ProtectedInvokeCallback(Object result, IntPtr userToken)
   at System.Net.Sockets.BaseOverlappedAsyncResult.CompletionPortCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* nativeOverlapped)
   at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)

Have you loaded the ACE-World database as well? It looks like it might be choking on trying to load an item from the database which does not actually exists (all the currently defined starter gear items are in the ACE-World database, but not all actual starter gear items are defined...there are a few we need to rebuild, but ACE will not load them so not a concern at the moment)

https://github.com/ACEmulator/ACE-World/releases