Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
renault70

Emulator availability

17 posts in this topic

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I don't know much about these things. Does anyone know how long would it take to get the emulator to a stage where mostly everything works like skills and combat? Not being impatient just curious. :o

Best estimate i could think of is 9-12 months. I know that seems like a long time but there is a lot of work to do. 9-12 months is assuming that the game will be 75% complete. the last 25% will take the longest. Stick around its gonna be a wild ride that is for sure.

That would be pretty awesome if we had a mostly playable AC by Christmas!! I actually thougt it would take a lot longer. Don't worry I'm not going anywhere since I'm really curious to see how it turns out. :)

Some dickhead is crashing the servers. I can't get any more packet logs. Less data we get the less chance we have of a successful emulator. Also less chance it'll be done quicker

Some dickhead is crashing the servers. I can't get any more packet logs. Less data we get the less chance we have of a successful emulator. Also less chance it'll be done quicker

I can't understand how someone could think its funny to bring down the servers with 3 day left. I hope karma pays that scumbag a visit.

Everyone's hard work is greatly appreciated.

I wish I knew about this earlier, I only had two days' worth of running around to try to generate data. I guess every little bit helps, but thanks to everyone who is trying to make this work! :)

You uploaded a lot of data mining logs. You're correct, every little bit helps. Thank you for all your efforts.

Best estimate i could think of is 9-12 months. I know that seems like a long time but there is a lot of work to do. 9-12 months is assuming that the game will be 75% complete. the last 25% will take the longest. Stick around its gonna be a wild ride that is for sure.

Would there be a possibility of iterative release? Like "Hey check it out, you can run around and fight bunnies but you only have a drudge board with nail" - stuff to keep excitement piqued?

Would there be a possibility of iterative release? Like "Hey check it out, you can run around and fight bunnies but you only have a drudge board with nail" - stuff to keep excitement piqued?

I know this isn't exactly what you are talking about, but see this thread http://acemulator.org/forums/support/general-support/304-getting-started-with-the-acemu-server

All I envisioned was towns over run with bunnies and the killing grind would be massive lol. The real question is can the bunnies level off of killing us?

Once ACE leaves a state of heavy flux. I plan to host a QA server. where everyone can come and what is new, this server will be wiped on regular intervals.

Once ACE leaves a state of heavy flux. I plan to host a QA server. where everyone can come and what is new, this server will be wiped on regular intervals.

Do you imagine the process to join the QA server would be similar to this?

Exactly like that, but most people would really like to just connect. Instead of installing a bunch of things and having to compile code. This would just make it easier for non-technical users.

Awesome, thanks for the information. I keep thinking of places I wish I had gone to for logging because they aren't spots that other people may have.

Awesome, thanks for the information. I keep thinking of places I wish I had gone to for logging because they aren't spots that other people may have.

I wish someone in /general chat would have mentioned this project. Had no idea until the day after... so sad. :(

I wish someone in /general chat would have mentioned this project. Had no idea until the day after... so sad.

:(

I popped in and did an announcement on all the servers at one point during the data mining but it was pretty late in the shutdown period by that time so I am sure not many people saw it at the end of the day. I didn't get on DT in that process (could explain it) but the server had been dead for so long I wasn't sure if there was anyone to even alert. Sucks you missed it but at least you know now! I even put something in the Save AC facebook page at one point but it got buried with nostalgia posts so fast I doubt very many people saw it. I think it's safe to say all in all not much of the player base knows about the Emulator project and as of my last check the FB group people were still lamenting the loss and there was no sense of hope going on over there but I figured probably best not to try and post anything more about the Emulator until it's closer to completion.

I popped in and did an announcement on all the servers at one point during the data mining but it was pretty late in the shutdown period by that time so I am sure not many people saw it at the end of the day. I didn't get on DT in that process (could explain it) but the server had been dead for so long I wasn't sure if there was anyone to even alert. Sucks you missed it but at least you know now! I even put something in the Save AC facebook page at one point but it got buried with nostalgia posts so fast I doubt very many people saw it. I think it's safe to say all in all not much of the player base knows about the Emulator project and as of my last check the FB group people were still lamenting the loss and there was no sense of hope going on over there but I figured probably best not to try and post anything more about the Emulator until it's closer to completion.

I saw the saveAC page talking about emulators now so that is good. I think more and more people will find out in time as the emulator gains better features!