Sign in to follow this  
Kaos

Getting Started with the ACEmu Server

Im just getting started with VS so this could be a dumb question but here goes, I had no trouble setting up Mysql and creating the DB's.. In fact I got everything to run pretty much the first time out. So question you ask? I down loaded the latest Version of ACE, and Im having this trouble... 1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: ACE.Common, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------ 1> ACE.Common -> C:\Users\Warloxx\Desktop\ACE-master 4\Source\ACE.Common\bin\Debug\ACE.Common.dll 2>------ Rebuild All started: Project: ACE.Entity, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------ 2> ACE.Entity -> C:\Users\Warloxx\Desktop\ACE-master 4\Source\ACE.Entity\bin\Debug\ACE.Entity.dll 3>------ Rebuild All started: Project: ACE.Database, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------ 3> ACE.Database -> C:\Users\Warloxx\Desktop\ACE-master 4\Source\ACE.Database\bin\Debug\ACE.Database.dll 4>------ Rebuild All started: Project: ACE, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------ 5>------ Rebuild All started: Project: ACE.Database.Tests, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------ 4> The syntax of the command is incorrect. 4>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\14.0\bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVer sion.targets(1250,5): error MSB3073: The command "copy C:\Users\Warloxx\Desktop\ACE-master 4\Source\ACE\config.json C:\Users\Warloxx\Desktop\ACE-master 4\Source\ACE\bin\Debug\config.json" exited with code 1. 5> ACE.Database.Tests -> C:\Users\Warloxx\Desktop\ACE-master 4\Source\ACE.Database.Tests\bin\Debug\ACE.Database .Tests.dll ========== Rebuild All: 4 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ========== I have no Idea where to look, I have looked in the "ACE.Database.Tests, Configuration" file and many more but can't seem to figure out the issue. I see that the File structure has changed from the one I first downloaded to the one I have now, and I had to add the "packages" folder from the first version as well to get ride of most of the first set of error I got. I just can't seem to solve this issue. Any takers on this, Thanks all

Try using a different directory other than the desktop or run VS as admin and see if that helps. Windows might be blocking the dll from being copied to the bin folder if it's a secure directory like the Desktop.

Im just getting started with VS so this could be a dumb question but here goes, I had no trouble setting up Mysql and creating the DB's.. In fact I got everything to run pretty much the first time out. So question you ask? I down loaded the latest Version of ACE, and Im having this trouble... 4> The syntax of the command is incorrect. 4>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\14.0\bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVer sion.targets(1250,5): error MSB3073: The command "copy C:\Users\Warloxx\Desktop\ACE-master 4\Source\ACE\config.json C:\Users\Warloxx\Desktop\ACE-master 4\Source\ACE\bin\Debug\config.json" exited with code 1. ========== Rebuild All: 4 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ========== I have no Idea where to look, I have looked in the "ACE.Database.Tests, Configuration" file and many more but can't seem to figure out the issue. I see that the File structure has changed from the one I first downloaded to the one I have now, and I had to add the "packages" folder from the first version as well to get ride of most of the first set of error I got. I just can't seem to solve this issue. Any takers on this, Thanks all

Either create the file "config.json" in the ProjectDir (Source\ACE\config.json) or remove the copy command from the Build Events (Select the "ACE" solution, go to the Project menu and "ACE Properties..." and under Build Events is the "copy ...." command (you can remove it).

Ok, tried moving the project to another location.. Nope, same error. Tried a new destination fold... Nope. recreated the config.json file in the destination folder... Nope, and if I remove the copy command... "copy $(ProjectDir)config.json $(TargetDir)config.json " (it has no quotes) then I get this error... 1>------ Build started: Project: ACE, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------ 1>CSC : error CS0006: Metadata file '..\packages\StyleCop.Analyzers.1.1.0-beta001\analyzers\dotnet\cs\Newtonsoft.Json.dll' could not be found 1>CSC : error CS0006: Metadata file '..\packages\StyleCop.Analyzers.1.1.0-beta001\analyzers\dotnet\cs\StyleCop.Analyzers.CodeFixes.dll' could not be found 1>CSC : error CS0006: Metadata file '..\packages\StyleCop.Analyzers.1.1.0-beta001\analyzers\dotnet\cs\StyleCop.Analyzers.dll' could not be found ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 4 up-to-date, 0 skipped ========== Im guessing that the copy command is in the wrong syntax but im unsure as to how it should appear. I did google it and there were some examples but none of them worked either. so I dont know where to go from here. Also thanks for the quick reply guys, if you have anymore Ideas Ill will try them to, so I guess Ill use the first ACE download till I can find a workaround or the correct syntax

Im just getting started with VS so this could be a dumb question but here goes, I had no trouble setting up Mysql and creating the DB's.. In fact I got everything to run pretty much the first time out. So question you ask? I down loaded the latest Version of ACE, and Im having this trouble... 1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: ACE.Common, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------ 1> ACE.Common -> C:\Users\Warloxx\Desktop\ACE-master 4\Source\ACE.Common\bin\Debug\ACE.Common.dll 2>------ Rebuild All started: Project: ACE.Entity, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------ 2> ACE.Entity -> C:\Users\Warloxx\Desktop\ACE-master 4\Source\ACE.Entity\bin\Debug\ACE.Entity.dll 3>------ Rebuild All started: Project: ACE.Database, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------ 3> ACE.Database -> C:\Users\Warloxx\Desktop\ACE-master 4\Source\ACE.Database\bin\Debug\ACE.Database.dll 4>------ Rebuild All started: Project: ACE, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------ 5>------ Rebuild All started: Project: ACE.Database.Tests, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------ 4> The syntax of the command is incorrect. 4>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\14.0\bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVer sion.targets(1250,5): error MSB3073: The command "copy C:\Users\Warloxx\Desktop\ACE-master 4\Source\ACE\config.json C:\Users\Warloxx\Desktop\ACE-master 4\Source\ACE\bin\Debug\config.json" exited with code 1. 5> ACE.Database.Tests -> C:\Users\Warloxx\Desktop\ACE-master 4\Source\ACE.Database.Tests\bin\Debug\ACE.Database .Tests.dll ========== Rebuild All: 4 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ========== I have no Idea where to look, I have looked in the "ACE.Database.Tests, Configuration" file and many more but can't seem to figure out the issue. I see that the File structure has changed from the one I first downloaded to the one I have now, and I had to add the "packages" folder from the first version as well to get ride of most of the first set of error I got. I just can't seem to solve this issue. Any takers on this, Thanks all

The problem is probably that by default the Config.json file missing. Go into the \Source\ACE\ folder, find the file named Config.json.example rename it to Config.json then edit that file to the correct settings. Then it should compile correctly. NOTE: Once compiled, you can make changes to the deployed version of the Config.json file without needing to recompile.

[QUOTE=Holtburg;n449]Is there a way to raise skills and attributes?[/QUOTE] Yes and no. You can but it does not persist once you log off. You can use the grantxp command (@grantxp in the latest merge) to grant xp then spend it as you wish. 4000000000 seems to be about the largest number you can grant per command. Anything higher gives an error. You can issue the command multiple times though. I sometimes do this and spend it all on Run and Jump. Also in the latest code merge you can increase these skills to 230 safely. At some point beyond 230 it will cause the server to crash.

thanks man but I already did that, its in the readme. Im sure it is in the syntax of the copy command (at least that is what the error message says). I was thinking, is the new version suppose to be copied OVER the old or can I just compile the new download alone? I have tried both ways but maybe im doing it wrong. Anyway Ill figure it out sooner or later and Ill let you know how I got it to work. Well off to work.

Well I got it figured out, the copy error somehow corrected itself... ya dont know. but I also figured out that the people working on this had other things installed a "Stylecop" something that is a upgrade/addon/im not sure, remember im new to this. So I got it to compile and working but I do have some DB issue im looking at right now. Here it is [PHP]mysql> source C:\ace\database\updates\character\2017_02_07_character_stats_xp_fi elds.sql ERROR 1060 (42S21): Duplicate column name 'strengthXpSpent' ERROR 1060 (42S21): Duplicate column name 'enduranceXpSpent' ERROR 1060 (42S21): Duplicate column name 'coordinationXpSpent' ERROR 1060 (42S21): Duplicate column name 'quicknessXpSspent' ERROR 1060 (42S21): Duplicate column name 'focusXpSpent' ERROR 1060 (42S21): Duplicate column name 'selfXpSpent' ERROR 1060 (42S21): Duplicate column name 'healthXpSpent' ERROR 1060 (42S21): Duplicate column name 'staminaXpSpent' ERROR 1060 (42S21): Duplicate column name 'manaXpSpent' ERROR 1091 (42000): Can't DROP 'isAdmin'; check that column/key exists ERROR 1091 (42000): Can't DROP 'isEnvoy'; check that column/key exists ERROR 1091 (42000): Can't DROP 'race'; check that column/key exists ERROR 1091 (42000): Can't DROP 'gender'; check that column/key exists mysql>[/PHP] im only realy interested in the ERROR 1091 problems, Im also still learning the Mysql program as well, is this error only because these were added to the DB later or is this a real error? Thanks guys. BTW how do you log out of the game, it tells me ( When I log out to character screen) Logging out, I go to portal space and then drop back to ingame. I also cant even exit the game with the button... Exit game. LOL dont ya just hate nooobs ;)

It appears that you have already run the file "2017_02_07_character_stats_xp_fields.sql" that is why all of the fields that it is trying to add are duplicates and all the fields that it is trying to remove do not exist. So ignore this. As far as logging out, as you have found the "Exit to Character Selection" does not work at all. The "Exit Game" will work, but ONLY if you have NOT already tried to Exit to Character Selection first. For some reason once you try to Exit to Char Select it then also breaks Exit Game until the next time you log in.

Thanks my friend :) Im realy sorry for all the questions but i am new to all this... Kinda. I have played around with RunUO for years but not in VS just in Edit plus3 and I ran a .bat file to compile it.FAR cry from this setup. again thank you for all your help and patients with me. Hopefully if I get good at this I can pay it forward.

I'm logging in ok but it gets stuck in portal space, the server says "Received unhandled fragment opcode: 0xF7E3" and never leaves portal space, even if I try teleporting. Edited by Asole

love the reportbug command :rolleyes: Is there a list somewhere of currently implemented commands? Edited by Asole

I have a noob question. I thought the character data would be saved in mysql databse, but after making a character I can't find it in the databse. Where is character data saved currently? like, name and inventory, stats etc. I go into ace_character and it's just tables but no characters saved. I'll keep poking around but if anyone can tell me that would be great.