Sign in to follow this  
Kaos

Getting Started with the ACEmu Server

ACEmu is currently in a very early stage of development. At the time of this writing you can create an account, create a character, enter into the game world, and use a teleport command, nothing more yet. It is meant mainly for developers to test functionality at the moment. With that said, here's how to set up your own ACEmulator server! Requirements:

• Visual Studio 2017 (2015 also works)
  • MySQL 5.6 or MariaDB equivalent
  • Latest Asheron's Call client

Step 1:

Download or fork the ACEmu server source code from our Github HERE

Step 2:

Create three new databases with the following names:

ace_auth
ace_character
ace_world

Step 3:

Load the SQL files found in the Database/Base folder into their respective DB's.

Step 4:

Load all SQL updates from the Database/Updates folder into their respective DB's.

Step 5:

Edit the Config.json file and adjust to your server and MySQL settings.

Step 6:

Build and run ACE.exe.

Step 7:

Create a new account using the server console window: accountcreate username password

Step 8:

Launch AC with the following parameters (Make sure to change the IP to the same IP you used in the Config file)

acclient.exe -a username -h 127.0.0.1:9000 -glsticketdirect password

Notes:

If you're running the server on a different IP instead of localhost, make sure to edit that in both the Config.json file and when launching the AC client. - Make sure you have ports 9000 and 9008 open on both your firewall and router.

Down the road a ways do you envision all of this being accomplished with an installer, or should I dive in and learn this Visual Studio, MySQL, compiling gibberish?

Down the road a ways do you envision all of this being accomplished with an installer, or should I dive in and learn this Visual Studio, MySQL, compiling gibberish?

We'll provide compiled binaries of the ACEmu server at some point on our Github so you won't always need Visual Studio. You'll always need MySQL/MariaDB though if you want to run a server.

We'll provide compiled binaries of the ACEmu server at some point on our Github so you won't always need Visual Studio. You'll always need MySQL/MariaDB though if you want to run a server.

what about connecting to a server that someone else is running, would that require a custom launcher?

what about connecting to a server that someone else is running, would that require a custom launcher?

Not at the moment but it will soon. All that's required to connect to an ACEmu server at the moment is running the AC client with some command line parameters as shown above.

LOL, got me beat! I'm on step 3, no idea yet how to load the sql files into MySQL :p This weekend will be reading up on lots of tutorials :)

Hey guys, yeah the way ACEmu is set up right now is really only useful for developers and/or private server hobbyists. This is just a quick and dirty setup tutorial without the details. We'll probably put up a public test server within the next several weeks where people can just create an account and log-in without having to worry about any of the details of actually running a server.

I love the idea of a test sever. This way we can do all the testing on the most up to date sever build. I have np being a bug tester but it would be nice to have a patch notes list for the updates so I know what I'm trying to test. Whatever you need just let me know. Edited by Zebidee

If you run into the "Connection Failed, Can't Bind Local Socket" error when attempting to launch the ACClient.exe with the arguments provided in the instructions, go into Documents\Asheron's Call\UserPreferences.ini and change ComputeUniquePort=false to true. I had to do this to get past the error.

Everything is setup, account made, but when I try and log in I just get a blank black screen. Am I missing something here? FIXED: Turns out you either need to play AC on the computer hosting the ACEMU server or make sure to use the IP address in the Config.json file. Also need to make sure the SQL database allows connections from % and not just locahost. This resolved things for me. Edited by Miach

Curious what this all allows you to do at this point. Is there a feature list or roadmap for where you'd like to get to at milestones? Is this comparable to PhatAC or does it have NPCs, portals, or custom characters yet?

I was able to compile the program without any errors, create the SQL databases and load the .sql files into it on my DB, have edited the Config.json file appropriately. The server runs, and I am able to login and create a character; however, after creation when the client starts to log the Character into the world, only the UI shows up with a black screen. The character never appears to actually log into the world. Is this result correct for the functionality of the current version of the server, or am I missing something and the character should log into a usable worldspace?

I was able to compile the program without any errors, create the SQL databases and load the .sql files into it on my DB, have edited the Config.json file appropriately. The server runs, and I am able to login and create a character; however, after creation when the client starts to log the Character into the world, only the UI shows up with a black screen. The character never appears to actually log into the world. Is this result correct for the functionality of the current version of the server, or am I missing something and the character should log into a usable worldspace?

You should be able to enter the world which defaults to the tutorial dungeon if a location isn't entered in the DB. Recent commits allow teleportation as well if you look at the debug commands in the source. There's a network issue on your side though if you're getting a black screen and unable to enter the world. Try again with your firewall completely off and make sure you're forwarding the correct ports on your router. Also make sure that the Host IP in the Config.json file matches the IP you're using to launch the AC client.

The IP addresses were mismatched between what was configured in the config.json file and what I was entering on the command line. Now the client appears to log in; however, it doesn't ever get out of portal space. I've attempted with the firewall both fully off and on.

I switched the DAT files to the versions downloaded from the link in the FAQ, and my character was able to get out of portal space into the tutorial dungeon. Previously, the DAT files I had in the game directory were the versions used by the final client at the server shutdown a few days ago. Now using the DAT files from the FAQ, the client indicates with a splash screen that the version of the game is from September 2013.

I've managed to get things running with the DAT files I used at shutdown. It's been ages since I've done any dev work and I was more of a DB guy anyway. I'm trying to figure out how to get out of the starter dungeons, portals aren't there yet. I've been looking at the debug commands, but not figured out how they work yet. Any hints?

ACEmu has absolutely nothing to do with PhatAC and vice versa. I''m sure you had good intentions but your previous post didn't belong here and was removed.

I dl'd all as required and got stuck on step 2. I'm now reading tutorials to make databases. Last time I did anything like this it looked something like 10 print "Mightyskid" 20 goto 10. ) I will learn and enjoy. Obviously I won't be much help apart from running around dereth and finding bugs,

stuck on step5 :( ok got it working =) automatic creation of account is not working, i have to create the accounts manuale and than it works AND external machienes do not get the portal log in, they get stuck after hitting the play button on char selection screen , anybody has a idea on these 2 points?

Noob here. I am stuck on step 4. I am not sure exactly what to put into config.json.

You can change the welcome message if you want, but the important bits are the database parameters: Make sure the empty "password" handle is filled with your SQL root password, your host is your SQL location (default is localhost).

LOL, got me beat! I'm on step 3, no idea yet how to load the sql files into MySQL

:P This weekend will be reading up on lots of tutorials :)

Hopefully your weekend tutorials paid off! If not, here's an easy one. To load an .sql file into your database, you'll want to go to the directory you downloaded ACE, and then, from the command line (assuming MySQL is in your path!) > mysql -u root -p [database] < [file].sql ex: > mysql -u root -p ace_auth < AuthenticationBase.sql It will ask you for your password afterwards.

Im just getting started with VS so this could be a dumb question but here goes, I had no trouble setting up Mysql and creating the DB's.. In fact I got everything to run pretty much the first time out. So question you ask? I down loaded the latest Version of ACE, and Im having this trouble... 1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: ACE.Common, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------ 1> ACE.Common -> C:\Users\Warloxx\Desktop\ACE-master 4\Source\ACE.Common\bin\Debug\ACE.Common.dll 2>------ Rebuild All started: Project: ACE.Entity, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------ 2> ACE.Entity -> C:\Users\Warloxx\Desktop\ACE-master 4\Source\ACE.Entity\bin\Debug\ACE.Entity.dll 3>------ Rebuild All started: Project: ACE.Database, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------ 3> ACE.Database -> C:\Users\Warloxx\Desktop\ACE-master 4\Source\ACE.Database\bin\Debug\ACE.Database.dll 4>------ Rebuild All started: Project: ACE, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------ 5>------ Rebuild All started: Project: ACE.Database.Tests, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------ 4> The syntax of the command is incorrect. 4>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\14.0\bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVer sion.targets(1250,5): error MSB3073: The command "copy C:\Users\Warloxx\Desktop\ACE-master 4\Source\ACE\config.json C:\Users\Warloxx\Desktop\ACE-master 4\Source\ACE\bin\Debug\config.json" exited with code 1. 5> ACE.Database.Tests -> C:\Users\Warloxx\Desktop\ACE-master 4\Source\ACE.Database.Tests\bin\Debug\ACE.Database .Tests.dll ========== Rebuild All: 4 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ========== I have no Idea where to look, I have looked in the "ACE.Database.Tests, Configuration" file and many more but can't seem to figure out the issue. I see that the File structure has changed from the one I first downloaded to the one I have now, and I had to add the "packages" folder from the first version as well to get ride of most of the first set of error I got. I just can't seem to solve this issue. Any takers on this, Thanks all