Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZorathTheBlurry

What can we do to help?

12 posts in this topic

Now that we can no longer log packets (I really wish I had participated.. didnt learn about the effort until the last day of the game), is there anything we can do to help? I'm tech illiterate but I'd be happy to put up some cash to help fund development
1 person likes this

I second this. I will also donate funds to help with development. I can send via paypal or whatever method you choose

Agreed. I am on board with this too. I'm a linux admin, so not sure if there's anything that'd be helpful for, but money is always something that is useful and I can assist with that. I definitely agree that a fund of sorts would be great, and maybe info on what the money is going to. Hell, even if it's going towards pizza for the guys/gals working hard on this is fine by me! :)

Did somebody say pizza?!?! I'll throw down some cash to a pizza fund as well.

We're not accepting donations at this time so the best way to support ACEmulator if you're not a developer at the moment is to probably just talk about it. :) Getting it out there so that more people are aware of our effort is probably the best thing you can do right now.

Sounds good, thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye out for if/when we can help financially in the future.

Haha, wish that I could help. But I only have experience with JavaScript, PHP, and very simple C++ console programs. The first time I've ever read any C# code was while reading through your github files. I also recently made the switch to Linux, so no Visual Studio for me... :(

I work in the IT field, my tasks range any ware for application support to report writing / technical writing. I don't have any programming experience, but I am willing to learn, Is there anything that I can help with at this point?

I have no plans to run ACEmulator until it is compiled and no longer requires the extra software to run. I plan to download and run once it gets to that point and help then any way I can going forward. In the meantime, can we get a regular update thread in this forum that keeps us informed about the state of the software and the intended schedule (what is being worked on etc.). That will certainly help build excitement and let us all know that headway is indeed being made. Thanks and keep up the great work!

From my understanding, the updates will be posted here on a daily to weekly basis: [url]http://aka-steve.com/i-want-updates/[/url].

Don't bother advertising on the "Save Asheron's Call group" I've been warn twice by this so called "Rocky Batton" Which i lost all hopes since i think he just pulling shit out his ass now. I'm still in the group, but anytime i add a EMU video/image or say anything about ACEmulator he deletes my shit and warns me rudely. If All 3k of those people think he is going to save AC then they need to re evaluate them self. Obviously nothing happened but false hope and nothing isn't going to happen other than turn into a Fan group pretty soon. Edited by Focus Stone

Don't bother advertising on the "Save Asheron's Call group" I've been warn twice by this so called "Rocky Batton" Which i lost all hopes since i think he just pulling shit out his ass now. I'm still in the group, but anytime i add a EMU video/image or say anything about ACEmulator he deletes my shit and warns me rudely. If All 3k of those people think he is going to save AC then they need to re evaluate them self. Obviously nothing happened but false hope and nothing isn't going to happen other than turn into a Fan group pretty soon.

They are trying to avoid getting the various emulator projects shut down. People are largely doing word of mouth and private messages to get them wise to the emulators. It's important that they remain low-key in order to avoid avoid legal action. I'm not fan of Batton's "spiritual successor" idea but I do think him quelling the emulator discussion on his public page is a good idea for the time being as everything on WB's end is still up in the air. All we do know is that they didn't want to spend the money to invest in renewing their software licenses to keep AC up and running. That said, I can't see them taking any C&D to court as it would cost them even more money on an IP that is now making them nothing and is defunct, for the time being.