Sign in to follow this  
infallible

Now what?

I noticed the update to the database included town locations and stuff. Once we get in-game, what functions are enabled? I've noticed our stats are crazy high, but our movement speed and jump are very low :P What can we do at this point to mess with those? is teleport working? are we bound to only the starting dungeon? :) thanks!

The town locations are part of the "@teleloc" command. To use it, type "@teleloc [LOCATION]" where [LOCATION] is any one of the places in the database. You can also add your own if you know the exact location (you can use @gps in ACE or the general /loc in the client) There is also a @telexyz command which takes 8 parameters (see the teleport_locations tables for examples of these) And also @teleto which takes N/S E/W parameters (e.g. "@teleto 1.5n 30e") Finally, you can also just click anywhere on the in-game map to teleport to that location (though this will obviously not let you enter any dungeons...) As for stats, the server handles run and jump speed and ignores what the client tells it (because that would be easy to manipulate) and those calculations/functions are not yet implemented.

Thanks for the info! I am not much of a DB guru or programmer... so running servers is always a learning experience for me. I really enjoy messing with this stuff though. So, thanks for the help! Hoping to learn a thing or two getting in early on with the project.

Finally, you can also just click anywhere on the in-game map to teleport to that location (though this will obviously not let you enter any dungeons...)

How does this work? I installed a fresh instance of the server last night and clicking on the map had no effect. Great work so far though. I plan on keeping a server running the latest updates.

How does this work? I installed a fresh instance of the server last night and clicking on the map had no effect. Great work so far though. I plan on keeping a server running the latest updates.

Looks like this was adjusted slightly in one of the commits. Your character now needs to be an admin (see table "ace_character"."character" in the database) You can manually edit your character and set "isAdmin" to 1 (default is 0)

Looks like this was adjusted slightly in one of the commits. Your character now needs to be an admin (see table "ace_character"."character" in the database) You can manually edit your character and set "isAdmin" to 1 (default is 0)

I checked that table and there is not an "isAdmin" field. I tried adding one as BIT(1), NOT NULL, Default 0. I then changed it to 1 and still no joy. Can you tell me what data type isAdmin is using in your version?

That field is just an INT (Technically, "TINYINT" or "BOOL").. So your code would look something like this: UPDATE `character` SET `isAdmin` = ' WHERE `guid` = 1; (Change the table/field name if I don't have them right...going off memory).

Looks like the admin flag has been moved from the characters table and into the characters_bool table. UPDATE `character_properties_bool` SET `propertyValue` = '1' WHERE `propertyId` = 44 AND `guid` = 1; // Update the guid = 1 to the matching guid of your character. (And I believe I was wrong about the feature being removed... It seems to work when updating this field/value now)

Looks like the admin flag has been moved from the characters table and into the characters_bool table. UPDATE `character_properties_bool` SET `propertyValue` = '1' WHERE `propertyId` = 44 AND `guid` = 1; // Update the guid = 1 to the matching guid of your character. (And I believe I was wrong about the feature being removed... It seems to work when updating this field/value now)

Awesome, that worked perfectly. Thanks.