Sign in to follow this  
Maverickz

Client Help (A tale of two clients)

So I followed the Getting started instructions and got the server and db setup, the account created, ports opened, etc. I then downloaded the client and dat files from the "ACEmu FAQ" thread and installed and updated the dat files. When I try to run this new client using the proper connection string, I get a message "Can't open the data files. Check that they exist and that you have permission to write to them.". I did make sure that they existed and that I have write permissions to the entire Turbine folder and all contents, but this error persists. Since this didn't work I tried using my very old client (dat files from 8/15/2005, acclient.exe file from 7/22/2005). With this client the AC Title window appears but neither the Connect progress nor the Update progress bars ever move. It just hangs there. I am assuming because this client is too old. I would appreciate any advice to get either/any client working. If it helps I still have my original Dark Majesty installation media that I could use for a fresh, but old, install.

OK never mind, I got it working. I had modified the Shortcut created on installation and changed the target appropriately. I finally realized that the default shortcut did NOT set the "Start In" field of the shortcut. Once I put "C:\Turbine\Asheron's Call" in the "Start In" box it started working perfectly.
  • Like 1