Asole

Crashing on login

3 posts in this topic

Previous builds did not give me this issue.

Bug Reporting Template

==============================

Title: Class: Serious Bug

Date:04/13/17

Reported By:Asole

Version: Commit 9709959

Is it reproducible: Yes

Description

Builds ok and account and character creation works, but cannot login to game.

Steps to Produce/Reproduce

Download source as zip

extract

open source in visual studio

configure the config.json

Build Solution fails until manual creation of /ACE/bin/x64/Debug/ACE.exe directories and file

Solution is built in /ACE/Tests instead of above directory

Drop tables

create tables

import base tables

import updates

open /Source/ACE.Tests/bin/x64/Debug/ACE.exe

create account -- success

launch game -- success

create character -- success

login to game --fail

Expected Results

Expected to log in to game

Actual Results

ACE server crashed

Workarounds

fall-back to previous source

Attachments

crash.JPG.23ddf13de74bb1852a3dfd4874098ff6.JPG

Other Comments:

I tried changing out between the stock acclient and the last acclient on doomsday, neither worked. I tried the same with the .dat files. 

something in the source or in my Visual studio changed dramatically a few commits ago, it didn't used to have issues with the source output but now it will say the ACE.exe not found unless I manually create it. It didn't used to make a x64 folder either. not sure if that is source or visual studio's doing.

As for the ACE.exe not compiling, check out the FAQ at https://github.com/ACEmulator/ACE

It's towards the bottom and mentions the StyleCop stuff... Basically, if you don't have it to begin with, the ACE project won't load. (You may also need to right click on ACE in the Solution Explorer and "Set as Startup Project", as well. It will be bold if it is...)

That may actually solve your other issue. From what I can figure out from that error, the calls it makes reference to don't currently exist. Also, the Server Time message no displays to the console (it's goes to a log). The only messages you should see are "Staring ACEmulator...", some about binding to ips/ports and loading of the cell and portal dat files. (Followed by "ACEmulator command prompt ready.") So if you can load the ACE solution properly and rebuild everything, it should behave a little better...

Let us know!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

27 minutes ago, OptimShi said:

As for the ACE.exe not compiling, check out the FAQ at https://github.com/ACEmulator/ACE

It's towards the bottom and mentions the StyleCop stuff... Basically, if you don't have it to begin with, the ACE project won't load. (You may also need to right click on ACE in the Solution Explorer and "Set as Startup Project", as well. It will be bold if it is...)

That may actually solve your other issue. From what I can figure out from that error, the calls it makes reference to don't currently exist. Also, the Server Time message no displays to the console (it's goes to a log). The only messages you should see are "Staring ACEmulator...", some about binding to ips/ports and loading of the cell and portal dat files. (Followed by "ACEmulator command prompt ready.") So if you can load the ACE solution properly and rebuild everything, it should behave a little better...

Let us know!

The visual studio installation had clickonce installed. Once I removed that it builds ok

so it wasn't a bug with the emulator, just a bug with me and my build environment. :P

Edited by Asole